|Event Name||Kobe Marathon 2017|
|Organizers||Hyogo Prefectural Government / Kobe City / Hyogo Prefectural Board of Education / Kobe City Board of Education / Hyogo Amateur Athletic Association|
|Co-organizers||The Kobe Shimbun / The Asahi Shimbun Company|
|Planning and Administration||Kobe Marathon Committee|
|Managing Organization||Hyogo Amateur Athletic Association|
|Supporting Organizations (Planned)||Japan Association of Athletics Federations / Hyogo Amateur Sports Association / Kobe City Education and Sports Association / Community Sports Commissioners Hyogo / Community Sports Commissioners Kobe / Hyogo Sports Association for the Disabled / Kobe City Council of Social Welfare / Hyogo Association of Sports Club 21 Hyogo / The Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Hyogo Prefecture / Kobe City Shopping Street Federation / The Hyogo Prefecture Medical Association / Kobe Medical Association / Hyogo Nursing Association / Hyogo Firefighters Association / Kobe Fire Brigade / Hyogo Volunteer Association / Hyogo Tourism Association / Kobe Convention & Visitors Association / West Japan Railway Company / Kansai Railway Association / Hyogo Bus Association / Hyogo Trucking Association / Hyogo Taxi Association / Hyogo Economic Research Institute / Japan Broadcasting Corporation, KOBE Broadcasting Station / Sun-TV / Asahi Broadcasting Corporation / Radio Kansai|
|Special Sponsor||Sysmex Corporation|
|Sponsors(Planned)||The Minato Bank, Ltd. / SHIROYAMA Co., Ltd. / ASICS Corporation / Yamazaki Baking Co., Ltd. / Rokko Butter Co., Ltd. / Kobe New Transit Co., Ltd. / The Dai-Ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited, / TOA Corporation / Rock Field Co., Ltd. / Kobe Steel, Ltd. / KINKI NIPPON TOURIST CO., LTD. / SUMITOMO RUBBER INDUSTRIES,LTD. / Tominaga Boeki Kaisha, Ltd. / Kanetetsu Delica Foods Inc. / Fujicco Co., Ltd. / Kobe Toyopet Corporation / J:COM West Co., Ltd. / Daiwa House Group / Skymark Airlines, Inc. / Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.|
|Date & Time||Sunday, November 19, 2017
Starts at 9:00 / Finishes at 16:00
*Wave starts will be set and announced at a later date.
Marathon (42.195 km）
|Course||Start: Kobe City Municipal Office
Turning point: West side of Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge (Nishi-Maiko, Tarumi Ward)
Finish: Port Island (near Shimin Hiroba)
(Course to be certified by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations and the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS))
|Competition Rules||The races are conducted in accordance with the FY2017 rules and regulations set forth by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF), and the rules and regulations set forth for this event.|
|Type of Entry||Category||Maximum
Number of Entrants
|Time Limits||Entry Fee|
|Individual Entry||General||1,100||7 hours
(Entry fee includes an
administration fee and¥100
donation to charity) ※3
Entries in the Kobe Marathon in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean should use the website JTB Sports Station, owned and operated by JTB Western Japan Corp.
Entries in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean in the Kobe Marathon are limited to entries for foreign nationals in Japan and foreign nationals or Japanese nationals resident overseas.
This site is not for Japanese nationals residing in Japan. Any entry attempted by a Japanese national residing in Japan on this site will be invalid. Please note that if payment has been made for a Japanese national residing in Japan, no refund can be provided. Japanese nationals residing in Japan are asked to use the Kobe Marathon Japanese-language entry site (RUNNET).
|○ 可能||○ 可能|
|日本国内||○ 可能||× 無効
|Foreign （non-Japanese) nationals||Japanese nationals|
|Place of residence||Overseas
|○ Yes||○ Yes|
|Japan||○ Yes||× Invalid
→Please enter through Kobe Marathon website,
- Time limits are based on the first signal gun time.
- Cut-off times are set at each checkpoint due to the limited duration of traffic control, security, and event operation. The cut-off times will be announced when the wave start details are decided. Those entrants who will reach checkpoints after time limits should stop the race. Check points may be carried out at any time during the race.
- Charity proceeds will be utilized by the Kobe Marathon Friendship Bank.
- Entry will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Entry will be through the JTB Sports Station site, and will be confirmed upon confirmation of payment of the entry fee. Please note that no refund can be made once payment procedure has completed. (An exception will be made for foreign nationals in Japan who miss out on selection in the lottery.)
- Please check your input carefully as no changes to name or runner information can be accepted after entry is confirmed. An exception will be made for reasonable cause such as marriage or change of address.
- Please note that once entry is confirmed, changes of entrants cannot be permitted.
Athletes born on or before April 1, 1999
Certificates will be mailed at a later date.
The organizers acknowledge the importance of personal information and will comply with laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information and will handle personal information based on the organizers’ personal information protection policy.
Note that the organizers or the Kobe Marathon Runner Call Center may use your personal information to contact you and confirm information related to your application.
|Participation Prizes||Participants will be given original T-shirts. Please enter a size, referring to the size chart below (JASPO standards).|
|Doping Control||Doping test will be conducted in accordance with the regulation of IAAF and Japan Anti-Doping Agency. The organizer will take urine and(or) blood in this test before (or after) the race. Qualified personnel will conduct the tests according to instructions. Not JAAF-registered athlete must obey this regulation. Please bring your copy of passport. They are required if the athletes is requested to examine the doping-test.|
|TUE Applications||The athlete who have to use the Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method described on the Prohibited List because of therapeutic must apply a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).|
|To all minor athletes
who will be
participating to Kobe
| In accordance with a revision to WADA, international standards and JADA, effective January 1, 2015, when a minor (under 20 years old) athlete participates in a competition it is necessary to obtain a signed consent form for doping control test from the athlete’s parental authorities.
a) Minors participating in this race must carefully read the consent form, bring the original signed and stamped copy to the race and carry it with them. The consent form can also be downloaded from:
b) If a minor athlete is selected for doping control test, the original form will be submitted to the testing laboratory by the NFR (national federation representative). It is only necessary to submit an original consent form once as a minor. If an athlete is selected for doping control test for the second time as a minor after having previously submitted a consent form tell the NFR that an original form has already been submitted. If doping control test is performed at the race venue without submission of an original consent form, an original consent form must be submitted to the JAAF office within 7 days after the testing.
- If no T-shirt size is specified at application, both men and women will receive the M-size.
- Men may not select a woman’s T-shirt and women may not select a man’s T-shirt.
- Please note that women’s T-shirts are rather tight. Please take care when selecting your size.
- Please note that circumstances may prevent some applicants getting the size they want.
- T-shirt sizes may not be changed after you have registered.
(including admin. fee)
|Application for charity goods ※1||Total|
(JTB Sports Station)
|Credit card||¥13,700||No charity goods
Additional charge: None
|1) With charity number card
Additional charge: ¥1,000
|2) With charity number card and original item
Additional charge: ¥3,000
- The information on the charity number card may not be accepted if the organizers deem that a company name, product name, or similar is unsuitable.